Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another meal out - what's happening?

Began the day with coffee, 1/2 cup of yogourt and 1/2 cup of rhubarb.Went out to my mom's place on my scooter to pick up her mail and water her plants as she's away for awhile. Then headed over to Rob's, traded scooter for car and went barbecue shopping. Got hungry and stopped at the White Spot on Douglas St. but there was a half hour wait for lunch so ended up at the slightly tonier Canoe Club instead. I had a Cobb salad that was lovely.
Back to get my scooter then home and after a couple of false starts got the BBQ assembled. Had celebratory beers. (I had one).
And a small handful of almonds.
Waiting for dinner time to roll around I made coffee so that we could stay awake for the steak dinner we had planned.
We started with the usual side salad while waiting for the meat.
This was a prime rib cut steak weighing almost a pound (350g) before cooking. I ate about 2/3 of it. It was tender and very tasty and the barbecue seems to work perfectly.
Once again I'm really guessing when putting amount in fitday so this is rather approximate, however it's in the neighborhood of 1,650 calories and 41g of carbohydrates.

No comments: