Friday, July 27, 2007

Asian style on the barbecue

No sausages or bacon in the house so just two fried eggs and coffee.More coffee.
Tuna salad and celery, radish and, if you look closely - jicama.
A little rhubarb for dessert.
Rob and Kama are coming over for dinner. I'm making chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce and plan to grill some zucchini. Kama is making an Asian inspired salad and a tropical fruit salsa.
I start with a glass of wine while fighting the bits of chicken onto skewers.
We had nibblies on the table, I had two sesame sticks and three wasabi peas.
There you have it. Two skewers of chicken with peanut sauce, below is the fruit salsa (mango, pineapple, red pepper and red onion) above is the grilled zucchini and the salad with mixed greens, bean sprouts, strawberry tomatoes, green onion and cashews.
While the boys went back for a third skewer each I had one more bit of chicken (left) and another piece of zucchini - really just as something to smear more of the peanut sauce on...
It was very tasty.
I'm not even going to try and figure the number of calories today. Probably quite high but we were so full from dinner we never did get around to dessert so really, not too bad. Also, once again moments after Kama and Rob left, Brian called. This time to invite us to dinner on Sunday. I guess I better behave tomorrow!

No comments: