Monday, July 23, 2007

A quiet day for a change...

Woke up at 6:30 even though we didn't turn in until midnight last night. Blech. Coffee helped.1/2 cup of yogourt and 1/2 cup rhubarb (prepared with splenda).
Went out to exercise. Haven't been since last Monday because I couldn't get away from work and on Thursday morning when I usually would have gone I was so knackered I just did my core exercises on the living room floor. When I came back I had a piece of cheese.
Did a bit of tidying then decided I really needed something substantial. I had a little piece of steak left over from last night's barbecue so had "Steak and eggs".
Then, since I was still feeling tired and headachey I had another big mug of coffee.
For dinner I had made beef stew with a few pieces of carrots and jicama in place of potatoes. I had 100g of meat, a couple of pieces of carrot and jicama as well as some steamed broccoli and a side salad. I thickened the broth with a little xanthan gum to save carbs and used my hand blender to smooth out the lumps. It was quite tasty.
Still had a headache coming up on 10pm and wondering if it's because I really didn't have very much today. (1,110 calories to this point). Finished off the almonds that were sitting out after yesterday (after weighing them, 40g).
The almonds tasted so good I felt like having a little something more so had 80g of blueberries in 1/2 oz. (1 tablespoon, 15ml) of coffee cream.
Totals for the day 1,411 calories and 42g of carbohydrates.

No comments: