Sunday, June 10, 2007

Salt Spring Rally III - Day 3 Sunday

We made coffee to try and get going after a late night of nonsense and giggling and Pass the Pigs. Debra had bought some Salt Spring Organic Coffee. Mmmm coffee. Now I have to admit I've actually missed a picture here. While we were waiting for the ferry to take us over to Crofton we all had some hard-boiled eggs. I had one to but managed to somehow eat it without thinking about my camera. It may have had something to do with sleep-deprivation.

A short ride brought us to Chemainus where we always have brunch at Bonny Martin. I ordered my favorite the green onion, mushroom and cheese omelet and had a side salad instead of hash browns. Their house dressing is a lovely creamy dill that I always enjoy. If you actually read this blog regularly you may be thinking "but she has that omelet pretty regularly on weekends". Yes, this is true, but it was three or four years ago at Bonny Martin where I first had this combination and now I just make feeble copies at home.
One of the other attractions at this restaurant is their homemade jams. I think it was black current but I may have heard someone say loganberry. I asked Dick for a bite of toast just so I could taste it. Excellent.
On the way home we stopped in Cowichan Bay. Carol bought a "dark chocolate chip spelt cookie" and offered me a piece. It was pretty tasty.
Our next stop was Cherry Point Vineyards where I tasted five different wines. I know it's hard to see the amount in the glass but it's really not more than two sips. So 10 sips of wine. I liked the Pinot Gris and the Solera Blackberry, a port.
Finally home around 5:30. After unpacking, a little sorting and telling of stories Doug made me dinner of pork chop with applesauce and a side salad.
While we were watching yesterday's Doctor Who "Blink" (very scary) on the computer I wanted to try some of the cheeses I had picked up. Doug and I split these plates equally. Tomorrow I'll start weighing things again.
After overdoing it for the past couple of days I really ate pretty lightly today. For those familiar with low-carb I'm testing moderate on the old ketostik.

No comments: