Sunday, June 10, 2007

Salt Spring Rally III - Day 1 Friday

Woke up way too early so had a cup of coffee before packing the scooter and heading out to meet up with the gang.Timmy's large coffee, one cream, no sugar - couldn't find my splenda so drank it without.
Once at the ferry terminal we had a little wait and a snack. I had two hard-boiled eggs that I had brought...
and half a spicy pepperoni stick courtesy of Carol and Andrew.
We arrived at our cabins and we almost instantly were picked up by Dick in his van to go to lunch at his house. Dick has a lovely log home with a beautiful view and we were very lucky to enjoy his gracious hospitality. He got us started with a nice glass of Chardonnay.
I had a little of everything offered for lunch. A cheeseburger patty sans bun, some sliced tomatoes and a little mustard are shown here with my second glass of wine...
at Dick's exhortation "to eat it all up" I had half of a weiner (more like a smokie than a hot dog) another couple of slices of tomato and a small spoonful of potato salad.
For dessert he had a giant box of chocolate chip cookies made with Skor bar pieces. I had a bite that I stole from Rob.
Tired and full and not sure what was going to happen with our dinner we made coffee at the cabin and I had a mug.
Carol had a selection of various flavours of hard cider. The pink grapefruit flavour intrigued me so I had about an ounce.
There were so many snackies, I wanted to try at least a bit of each. I had one Roast Tomato & Balsamic rice cracker.
Dinner was supposed to be huge steaks, salad etc. We were still so full from the spread at Dick's house I only had about a third of my rib eye and a couple of spoonfuls of salad (mixed greens and Renee's Mighty Caesar dressing). Behind my plate is an empty glass that had contained the drink of the night the Mojito. I had three, maybe three and a half during the evening.
Poor picture, but this was taken after the Mojitos. A bit of brie and a couple of strawberries.
Oh, look another Mojito.
Much later when we were winding down for the night I had another piece of brie, 12 almonds and another strawberry.
Calories? Carbs? Who cares, I'm on vacation.

No comments: