Friday, July 20, 2007

Surf 'n' Turf at The Keg!

Regular breakfast of bacon, 2 eggs and coffee.For lunch I had a tiny turkey sandwich made with the thinnest slices I could cut of a whole wheat/flax loaf from the Village Patisserie. Also celery, radishes and jicama and a few raspberries with a tablespoon of cream.Americano from the Patisserie for after lunch.
Since we were going out for dinner tonight I thought I should have a decent snack in the afternoon rather than go more than six hours between meals. One hard-boiled egg and 30g of almonds.
Early on (like yesterday) I decided this was going to be a two drink dinner. I started with an apple cider. Certainly there are many drinks with fewer calories and less sugar but I needed something refreshing and this really appealed.
Kama and Rob each ordered appetizers. Here I had one small piece of Rob's calimari with teriyaki sauce. Spicy.
Here's the plate I was presented with. Steak with a scoop of mixed seafood in a creamy sauce, nearly half a tomato, a huge baked potato full of three cheese butter and a piece of grilled zucchini that Doug didn't want. I ate all of the seafood (there's a bit of asparagus in there too), the tomato, zucchini, about 2/3 of my steak and three bites of potato.
Everyone else at the table had huge, decadent desserts but I was still looking for my second drink so I ordered a Billy Miner Coffee which is coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua and whipped cream. It was fabulous.
Totals for today about one million, five hundred thousand calories and a couple hundred grams of carbohydrates. It was good though.

No comments: