Monday, July 16, 2007

Almost made it...

and by that I mean I almost made it through the day without having something that I probably shouldn't have if I continue to pretend to be living low-carb.

Started well with one sausage, one fried egg and my usual coffee.Went to physio/exercises then to my mom's for lunch. She had cold loin of pork and a little salad. I'm figuring 100-120g pork, a bit of lettuce, two thick slices of tomato, celery sticks, a sprinkling of fresh garden herbs and a squirt of rice vinegar.
Dessert was rhubarb cooked with splenda.
I was hungry well before dinner so I had 29g of almonds and made some coffee - which I promptly forgot about.
Dinner was roast chicken. I had a small breast only 107g, some broccoli and our usual side salad.
Found the coffee I had forgotten so made iced coffee which was nice since it's still pretty warm in the apartment.
Doug brought home some two-for-one baked goods from the Village Patisserie. This is a chunk off their "fruit 'n' fibre" muffin. It's extremely dense and made with whole wheat flour and flax as well as raisins and dried apricots. Healthy perhaps, low-carb - not even close. I broke off about a third and weighed it to input in fitday just as "bran muffin" which is as close as I could get. (ie not very)
Still, overall for the day 1,397 calories and about 58g of carbohydrates.

No comments: