Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ska Fest, beer and even ice cream!

Up early because today is the last day of Ska Fest and my buddy Rob and I are going to the afternoon show at Market Square. Coffee!And one slice of bacon and two eggs to keep me going for awhile.We left early and went to the Peninsula Country Market to visit a friend with a booth. While we were looking I got a free cherry tomato. I was very sweet.
As we were heading back to town I wanted to stop for something to drink (another hot day) but since it was lunchtime we grabbed a bite of lunch at a pub. I had a spinach salad. It doesn't look very big but this was one of those 40cm (16 inch) restaurant plates, not the little 9 inch ones we use at home.
Rob had beer and a burger and fries. I had diet coke and water. Also one of his very crispy fries.
I did eventually have a beer though, at the Ska Fest in the beer tent. Where they CARDED me! Good thing I had my license on me that said I was old enough to be mom or possibly granny to most of the kids in the place.
This is Skaboom! doing their ska version of the Tom Jones song "It's Not Unusual" and the kids just kept on dancing. I sang along.
When it was all over we wandered back to the parkade which unfortunately took us past Sweet Memories Ice Cream Parlor. I asked Rob if he wanted ice cream which he took to mean that I wanted ice cream. He got two scoops, coffee and chocolate. I had four bites off the coffee and two off the chocolate. In fitday I counted each bite as 10g of premium ice cream for a total of 60g that was about 150 calories. I remember when I would eat something like this all by myself!
When I was finally ready for dinner I found that the only thing I had to work with was a couple of chicken breasts and not enough greens for a dinner salad. To Doug's delight I threw together some shiritaki noodles with some Classico bruschetta from a bottle, grilled the chicken and stuck the works under the broiler for two minutes with a handful each of grated edam and shredded parmesan. Although the chicken breasts were about the same I gave Doug the lion's share of the noodles, cheese and sauce.
Strangely enough a couple of hours later we were both quite hungry. I had a bowl of 80g of raspberries with two tablespoons of cream and splenda (Doug had blueberries).
Okay, today was completely out of control. I basically ate whatever I wanted without worrying about calories or thinking too much about carbs. Calories 1,769 and 78g of carbohydrates. I guess I'll have to behave for a bit now.

No comments: