Saturday, April 21, 2007


Once again our day begins with coffee. I've thought about leaving it out but my big mug with cream accounts for 60-odd calories and 2 carbs. so it does matter if I have one, two or three mugs.




I waited quite awhile before being awake and hungry enough to want some breakfast. Was on the verge of sauteing some mushrooms for my favorite fritatta when it suddenly occurred to me that not only was there some asparagus left but we had a little package of lox trim in the fridge. Two large fresh eggs, add the boursin cheese (which is almost all used up for awhile, I promise) and voila! A little salty, between the lox and the cheese I didn't need to season the eggs or asparagus at all. Otherwise gorgeous and delish!
Diet cola.





Since we're both working Sundays, Saturday has become chicken dinner night. I had a big slab off the breast, 1/2 cup of broccoli and the usual side salad.


After dinner, tea. I take mine straight up and managed to drink most of the pot.





When I filled out fitday for today I was stunned to have a total of about 850 calories and 14g of carbohydrate. Now I don't usually worry about not eating enough but that's way too little for a big busy person like myself.

Hey! I remember we have that great specialty cheese and fruit in the fridge. I worked out some calculations using fitday and came up with three thin slices of apple (20g), two grapes, 50g of strawberries and a big 80g of honeydew melon which gave me 16g of carbs with 2g of fibre for only 65 calories. Way more carbohydrates that I'd usually have for a snack but my net total for the day is still just 30g and I'm actually under 1,200 calories.

While I did weigh and eat all the fruit on the plate below, the cheese was for both of us and I had a little less than half of it. Guessing I had about 90g (3 ounces) of cheese.

No comments: