Friday, April 20, 2007

Started great, didn't end so well.


Woke up before seven. Would like to have slept in more but couldn't. Had coffee.






Some time later made a flax bun and more coffee for breakfast. The basic recipe I was taught is 2 tablespoons butter, one egg, 1/4 cup ground flax, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt. I modify it almost every time I make it. I generally use unrefined coconut oil 1/2 and 1/2 with the butter and add either some cheese when I want a savoury version or this morning I added about a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a packet of splenda. It's a little like having a muffin. Certainly as many calories but few carbs.


After going to workout I stopped at home long enough to scarf down the left-over avocado half.


Around 4pm I was wanting something to tide me over until dinner (Doug home at 6:30) so I had a cup of diet pop and about 20g of pork rinds which had been languishing in the snack cupboard so long I was worried that they might be rancid. While not fresh they at least tasted okay.


Was feeling headachy by the time dinner rolled around and I thought it might be lack of food. We each had two hamburger patties (about 100g each before cooking) with cheese and a side salad. I also had eight stalks of asparagus done in the counter-top grill after the patties came out. They were very tasty with no additional oil/butter. Oh, and a dollop of mustard.



Even though I wasn't really hungry after a couple of hours and some pain killers when my headache had gotten worse I had some more diet cola and 10 brazil nuts. Now I know I could have managed without the nuts. I think they were mostly because I was feeling so lousy. In fact I really wanted to eat more and previously would have gladly polished off the bag. Minor improvement I suppose.

No comments: