Thursday, April 19, 2007

It's a new fridge!






When we bought our home it came with a matching set of excellent appliances. The same appliances that were installed when the building was built. In 1977.

Yesterday we bought a nearly new refrigerator and it was delivered today. Right now it seems a bit empty.


Got up at a reasonable hour to prepare for fridge arrival, had coffee.



Several hours later after all the hullabaloo was over I had brunch of mushroom, green onion and the ubiquitous boursin in a three egg omelet/fritatta thing, with more coffee. Three eggs because there was no meat involved.



By three in the afternoon I was pretty hungry so I had 25g (about an ounce) of brazil nuts and some of Doug's diet pop.


Since Doug is working and I was on my own for dinner tonight I decided on a real treat. I sauted some asparagus (10 spears) then cooked up some shrimp and scallops (70g each before cooking) in a tablespoon of butter with a couple of cloves of garlic. Yum yum yum yum, yum!


In spite of the butter because I only had 2 meals today I'm at 1,261 calories and 29g net carbs for the day. (Who knew scallops had carbs??) So I might just have another little nibble when Doug gets home.

No comments: