Monday, April 16, 2007

day seven - that wasn't so hard



Breakfast was coffee and flax cereal again. Just to lazy this morning to make eggs.






Still feel like I'm fighting a cold, so had an echinacea lozenge.My morning break was coffee (forgot to put cream in I was so dopey this morning!), half of my ounce of cheddar and three brazil nuts.



Lunch was chicken salad with a few capers, 3 rather large radishes, about 40g of jicama and a handful (five?) of celery sticks. Missed not having jell-o or yogourt so had a few more of the brazil nuts I had brought for a snack.




When I came upstairs from the lunchroom I discovered Barry had made a lovely big pot of tea. So I had a little cup.

At various times during the afternoon I had three of these tiny strong mints.


Since I was going to physio right after work (which has more in common with an hour at the gym than lying back getting ultrasound) I had the rest of the cheese and nuts and a little more black coffee.





By the time I got back from physiotherapy I was sore and exhausted. Luckily I still had an hour before Doug got home from work so I eventually threw together a salad and chucked a couple of basa filets into the saute pan with a little olive oil and lemon juice. Usually I make some kind of sauce but wasn't into it today. Instead I just melted in the last tablespoon of boursin cheese that we'd been enjoying for the last week and poured it over the fish. I also had about 1/2 cup of broccoli but scarfed it down before I remembered to take the picture. Guess it had to happen eventually but I was kind of surprised that I got all the way to the end of the first week before it did.

Fitday puts my calories for the day at 1,732 and 26 net grams of carbs. Have to be more stingy with the brazil nuts.

No comments: