Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Monday - Thanksgiving in my country

This entry is a whole day late because my camera was forgotten at Mom's place after Thanksgiving dinner last night.

Up at a reasonable time since we had holiday visiting to do today. Coffee.
Went out to the Moka House for tea and snacks with Jen who was visiting from the mainland. I had an entire cinnamon roll but nibbled at it and really made it last.
Mid-afternoon, realizing I wouldn't make it till turkey time I had the last of the Santos salsa (yum) and a handful of the high fibre tortilla chips left over from Saturday evening.
Once at Mom's we were treated to little canapés.
I had two pieces and a glass of wine.
Mixed greens with vinaigrette.
Turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and a little mashed potato.
About 1/3 of a small cheese scone.
A rather small piece of pumpkin pie.
A York peppermint pattie. I ate about 1/2 and gave the rest to Doug.
No idea how many calories but I think I did pretty well for Thanksgiving!

No comments: