Friday, September 28, 2007

Yay! Sushi!

Woke up around 5am again this morning - got up for a couple of hours but then went back to bed and slept in until 12:30! When I finally got up I had two cups of coffee.
Doug and I had decided to go out for dinner tonight and I didn't want to eat much early on so I had a hard-boiled egg and a piece (40g) of feta cheese.We knew we wanted Japanese so went into the first place we stumbled past Shiki Sushi. After spending rather a long time trying to decide what and how much we wanted to eat we went for a small bento box each... I chose the tempura with 6 pieces a little salad and some rice (I ate about 1/4 of the rice in the picture). There was also a piece of pineapple and a couple of orange slices with the presentation - I had half of each.

And we shared the Shiki Special Sushi platter. I had 3 1/2 pieces of nigiri and 3 pieces of the tuna roll, also most of the ginger. It wasn't the best sushi we've ever had but it was very good and we both admit we've missed having rice.
Later in the evening I felt I needed a little something. I had two nsa werther's candies and a 30g serving of Planter's macadamia cashew mix. How decadent!
No idea about calories but thinking since there was only one meal and a couple of snacks I probably didn't do too badly today.

No comments: