Sunday, September 23, 2007

Heavy cream is your enemy... aparently

Started off with coffee.85g of strawberries from my own little plants and 1/2 cup yogourt.

Two servings (30g) of pork rinds. That's the last of that temptation for awhile.Swiss cheese and celery. I started with a very small piece of cheese...

but real emmental is soooo good I had to have more. I also had lots more celery but that hardly counts towards either calories or carbs.
For dinner I made the recipe of Chicken breast in creamy mushroom sauce - only we didn't have breasts, only a couple of little thighs so I threw in some frozen shrimp that we'd had for almost too long. The sauce is mostly heavy cream with a little xanthan gum to thicken. It was so good I had another spoonful for seconds. When doing low-carb and not counting calories I never worried about this, however the sauce was about 300 calories all by itself! Also a small salad.


Have been craving chocolate for most of the day - had this little treat even though I wasn't really hungry after such a rich dinner.
Still craving chocolate later on. Made cocoa with cocoa powder, splenda and more heavy cream. Again lower in carbs - but much higher in calories.
Today's calories an apalling 1,878 and 51g of carbohydrates. I did my stretches and ab exercises but still didn't go to the gym. Hoping to have the energy to do something more useful tomorrow.

No comments: