Sunday, September 30, 2007

another meal out!

Started out with a mug of coffee and two scoops of Whey Gourmet protein drink before heading off to the gym for what I hope will now become my regular workout.


Even though the weather is not very good for scootering my scooter buddy Rob and I wanted to have a day out so (by car) we explored Government House - well the outside at least and when it started to rain I decided I was hungry and wanted, well, something. Rob was more decisive and chose Red Robin for a burger. I started with a diet pepsi and then ordered the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap and asked for a side salad instead of fries. The wrap was really tasty but there must be quite a lot of sugar in their BBQ sauce. I had the half at the front of the picture and took the other half home for Doug to have when he got home from work. I also ate both slices of cantaloupe melon.




We wandered around the nearby Futureshop and I bought a new toy for the PS2. We also visited a nearby motorcycle/scooter dealership and spent at least an hour sitting on bikes, trying on helmets and jackets and generally playing "I want". I chose the yellow Vespa GTS, the Honda VT750T tourer/cruiser or the Yamaha 650 VStar Classic,and the Piaggio X9 Evolution 500 which was pretty sweet! We also liked the 20' cabin cruiser they had in the corner of the showroom although how to tow it behind a bike it a bit of a puzzler.
When we got back I offered Rob a light beer and I had about 3/4 of one as well. Which helped with the new SingStar game.


I hadn't planned dinner so we had relatively small chicken caesar salads with the last breast and bits that was on the chicken carcass in the fridge.


It being a very small salad I also had a chunk of feta cheese and a little later 30g of mixed nuts.


After finished the laundry, watching an episode of Rome on TV and playing with our new SingStar game for awhile, I started feeling quite hungry. I started with a sugar-free werther's but that didn't help much. We still have a few bags of Power Pop popcorn snack in the pantry so we split a package of the caramel flavour.


Well I've tried my best guess on fitday estimating the calories for the wrap and came up with 1,421 calories and 50g of carbohydrates. Pretty darn good if that's right. ps I've written an e-mail to Red Robin asking for nutritional info. We'll see if it does any good...

No comments: