Thursday, October 4, 2007

Wednesday - and I'm already sore and tired

Woke up very tired this morning, legs kind of achy too - coffee.Made up 2 scoops of Vanilla whey protein powder but added a teaspoon of cocoa powder and the dregs from the coffee pot to make it "mocha". Didn't have enough time at home (and wasn't awake enough to be hungry) so took it to work and had it at coffee break.


Chicken salad, jicama, radishes, celery.
Bought a diet Dr. Pepper and had it with my bite of flavoured cheese in the afternoon.
Tired and sore when I got home. Had packed my gym clothes with a thought to going after work but my knee was bothering me enough that I had a hard time going down stairs and getting on scoot - so thought better of it. Really craving comfort food so after a couple hours of sitting resting made something like pancakes. Used 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten flour and 1/4 cup flax meal as well a baking powder and a bit of salt. We have some maltitol-based maple-flavoured syrup so I had some of that and a dab of butter with them.
After having the pancakes I really, really wanted something salty so had a chunk of sharp cheddar (34g).

After I entered everything in fitday I was surprised to see only 1,493 calories and 40g of carbohydrates. I guess I've been doing this so long that even when I'm tired and in "don't care" mode I can still make reasonable choices. It doesn't hurt that we don't keep many dangerous foods in the house.

No comments: