Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday - Doug's birthday adventure...

Left-over steak from last night, an egg (fried) and coffee.On the way to Parksville - Timmy's for coffee and a taste of Rob's wasabi cashews.
Kama found chocolate covered sesame snacks. Doug and I split one.
What a huge spread we had for the picnic! On the first plateful is a piece of Kama's homemade focaccia that I split to try and make it go farther. Salmon salad made from fresh wild pink salmon that I bought and poached yesterday. A couple of razor thin slices of salami, some slaw made with fennel, jicama and cilantro and some of Kama's tomato/bocconcini salad (so good).
A baby carrot from the giant tray of veggies.
More tomato and bocconcini salad and a slice of havarti on the rest of my bread. I actually didn't finish the bread and cheese and gave most of it to Doug.
A piece of cauliflower and a radish from the giant tray of veggies.
Dessert. One chocolate chip cookie (I only ate half and gave the rest to Doug - any wonder he's putting on weight as I'm loosing it?), about 30g of cheeses, a couple of bites of mango and pineapple and two cherries and three grapes.
While we waited for the rain to stop at the half-way point of our 36 holes - I had more coffee.
Tired, wet and worn right out we snacked on some soy nuts on the way home.
Arrived back home around 7ish quite hungry for a bite of dinner. I thinly sliced some of the bread that Kama insisted we take and had a big scoop of salmon salad on it. Also celery, cucumber, radishes, broccoli and cauliflower from the left-over veg. Once again Doug finished my sandwich for me.
Then I had half a cookie.
It was really good. Really very good so a little while later I ate a whole one myself. I did nibble it slowly, savour it and made it last though.
Not even going to try a calorie count today let's just say it was pretty high. On the other had I got quite a lot of exercise. And I spent the whole day pulling up my new (two months ago) jeans because they kept falling down.

No comments: