Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Monday - My bad, late two days in a row...

Well I have a confession to make and while it affects my blog it isn't about food. The last couple of days I've put my blog up in the morning rather than before bed on the day the food was actually eaten. I just want any readers to know that I'm not so much getting lazy as distracted. A month or so ago a friend introduced my husband and myself to the MMPORG game World of Warcraft and we've both gotten pretty interested. Therefore the problem arises when one or both of us is playing on the computer until 10 minutes past bedtime and then I realize I haven't made a blog entry yet. I'm thinking of starting to blog after dinner, before I start playing and then adding any snacks I have in the evening to the start of the next day's blog. Or I could just show a little more self-restraint in playing the game... naw, one thing requiring will-power at a time please.
Now back to your regularly scheduled Everything I Eat for Monday, August 13th.

Coffee. My favorite giant pink mug was in the dishwasher so I had two smaller mugs.
Managed to forget about breakfast because I slept in a bit, had two mugs of coffee then we ran off to the mall and an early matinee of the new Harry Potter movie. For the movie I put 100g of the salty soy nuts in a baggie and bought a 1l bottle of Evian at the drugstore before going in.


While the protein of the soy kept me from getting really hungry I was craving fresh and light food when I got home. I ate left-over jicama-fennel slaw out of the storage bowl (never a good idea since I can only guess at portion size) my guess is I had between 1 and 1 1/2 cups of salad. I wasn't too worried since there's practically no calories in this. I dress it with lime juice, rice vinegar, a little splenda and about a tablespoon of oil for the entire 12 cup batch.The last bit of the giant tray of veggies - cauliflower, one pea pod and broccoli.
The last of the tomato and bocconcini salad - that's a half cup container.
Somewhat later for dessert and for more protein I cut up 100g of the left-over cheeses. Hidden underneath is Edam, Brie, Applewood smoked cheddar (to die for!) and my fav Bresse bleu.
On top is 1/4 of a large apple, three cherries and nine grapes.
Because it's NOT low carb and I love it and I'm obviously not in ketosis after yesterday I decided that today's very low calorie count could include 32g of fresh pineapple and 36g of fresh mango. Sometimes I really miss the sugary fruits. This should hold me for awhile.
One of the items we picked up today before the movie was another tub of the Whey Gourmet protein powder (on sale last week at London Drugs). This time I got the chocolate flavour. I had one serving a couple of hours after all the fruit and cheese to try and make up for a very uneven diet today.

Total calorie count for today: 1,256 with 66g of carbs (at least all "good" carbs today).

No comments: