Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Another restaurant meal, hoo boy.

Coffee.Wasn't really hungry for breakfast, had two scoops of my new chocolate flavoured Whey Gourmet protein shake.
By 2pm I really had the growlies. Had four of the paper thin slices of dry cured ham and a little cheese together weighing in at 50g.
Because that wasn't really enough to keep me going until a late dinner - so two fried eggs.
I didn't know that parking a scooter could be so hard but it's tourist season (does that mean we can shoot them - *rim shot*) and I ended up sharing a smart car spot with a motorcycle then after finding that one of our party had taken a big car space much nearer the restaurant, went back and moved it so I'd feel a little less worried about leaving my baby on the street downtown.

After all that confusion I opted for a light beer (Kokanee, I think).
I had the Santa Fe Chicken Salad. Mixed greens, seasoned grilled chicken, avocado, feta (very southern is feta), black beens, corn, bits of dates, and crisp bits of tortilla that had been julienned. And a squeeze of lime on top. Now while trying to eat low-carb I don't have bread very often but I have corn even less. What a fantastic treat. It was delicious and I probably shouldn't have, but I ate the whole thing!
For dessert we ordered what the menu called a Pavlova (because the birthday girl really needed a taste of something sweet on her day) and six spoons. They did a deconstructed style pav which could have been better called discombobulated. From the bottom up we had lemon curd, blueberries and strawberries, a berry gelato and a semi-soft meringue perched on top. It was pretty much a catastrophe in the sharing department. With some effort I did get one spoonful with a little of each ingredient in it. It really wasn't all that - especially at $7.00!
Lots of carbs, lots of calories going to do some sit-ups now...

No comments: