Monday, August 6, 2007

Lots of pictures, but really not that much food.

Holiday Monday - of course I have all Mondays off for the summer while I'm working Saturdays but thought I'd have a scooter outing just the same. Coffee.One slice of bacon, two fried eggs.

Went roaming around with fellow scooter enthusiast Rob (we both ride 50cc Honda Jazz/Metropolitan scooters and are very in sync with each other's riding style which makes it fun). Avoided the more popular beaches because of the holiday and ended up at Mount Doug, which does have a small beach area. After we wandered around poking at dead things in the shallows for awhile we sat on a log and had a snack. I had one and a bit rice crackers and about 30g of cheddar and one very small plum.


Then, because it didn't look very far on the map, we decided to hike to the summit. The elevation is only 213 metres after all.
With only one five minute stop to catch our breath we reached the top and had a gander at the view and some water as well as a nosh before we headed back down (much easier!). I had brought a baggie with mostly almonds, a few brazil nuts and some no-sugar-added dark chocolate chips. I had a small handful, then awhile later an even smaller handful (I'm guessing 60g total?) and another small plum.



Having made it successfully down the hill with no injuries we adjourned to Timmy's for coffee and (for me anyway) one timbit.
When I got home I was too tuckered out to think about dinner right away and ate the rest of our "trail mix" as I unpacked it.
Dinner was two slices (105g) of meatloaf that I had purchased yesterday at the Red Barn, some sauted baby bok choi from Sun Wing (also yesterday) and a side salad.

And for dessert the last of the diet fudgesicles. My mom had given me some Russell Stover's no-sugar-added chocolate treats this morning and I made the mistake of leaving them out on the dining room table. I had one then hid the rest away so I won't think about them.
Since I didn't weigh most of what I ate today I can only estimate with the help of fitday. I'm going to say about 1,500 calories and 68g of carbohydrates. If it's more, so what, I climbed a &*$#$*@# mountain today!

No comments: