Sunday, August 5, 2007

A lovely Sunday for a scooter run

As usual started my day with a big ole mug of coffee.
1/2 cup of yogourt and blueberries (50g) for breakfast.
Went to scooter meet-up and the Black Stilt was closed for the holiday weekend! What to do? We ended up at a Starbucks. I had a grande (that's medium anywhere else) americano and half of a Fruit and Grain bar. I looked up the bar on their website and was appalled to see that my half, that little tiny nosh in the picture, had 190 calories and 27g of carbohydrate (3g fibre and 5g protein). Not really healthy guys - especially if you eat a whole one! Andrew and Rob helped me out with the other half - thanks guys!
We rode up Oldfield Road, visited three farm "stands" AND went to the Red Barn Market on the way back. I got lovely little sweet tomatoes at Sun Wing and shared one with Doug as soon as I got home.
At the Red Barn Market I bought a big package of bacon "ends" odd slices and little chunks that didn't quite fit. With these two great ingredients it was inevitable that we had an old favorite for dinner - the BLT Salad. Okay - we also had a little turkey breast meat so it was almost a Club salad but the strongest flavours were the fresh tomatoes and bacon. Delish!
Afterwards a "diet" fudgesicle.
Some hours later I felt a little empty and realized that I really hadn't had much to eat today. Took advantage of the low calorie count (to this point) and treated myself to 40g of brazil nuts.
In spite of all the "fattening" food I ate today calories only at 1,302 and 66g of carbohydrates.

No comments: