Monday, June 25, 2007

too busy shopping to eat

Slept in a bit because I woke up during the night. Wanted to go to physio/exercise early so I just had a glass of whey protein drink and my coffee before leaving. I had purchased the vanilla flavoured protein powder because I had some low-carb recipes that called for it as an ingredient but hadn't used it yet. As it turns out this brand and this flavour is really very yummy as a drink.
After exercising I came home and found that Doug was almost ready to leave to go downtown on an errand. I basically hijacked him and while he did get his 15 minute errand done, he ended up clothing shopping with me for about two hours. The good news is that I found a pair of pants size 16 that fit perfectly. Size 16! And I got a new bra that fits much better. While trying on the bras I suddenly felt a little light headed and realized that it was 2:30 and I had only had about 200 calories for breakfast. We headed up to the food court and found a Chinese fast food place with "Bourbon Chicken" which was basically barbecue and some chicken and mixed veg in black bean sauce. I input my best guess into fitday and came up with about 400 calories and 8-10g of carbs.
Dinner was late since lunch had been. Because we were out most of the afternoon we found ourselves at loose ends again for meal planning. We used the Clover Leaf Tuna Steaks and some lovely portabello mushrooms I found on sale yesterday. Sauted the mushrooms, heated the mild curry flavour tuna and poured it on top of a couple of cups of romaine.
Adding thing into fitday I find I'm at less than 800 calories for the day so I decide that I may as well enjoy the last 100g of the rhubarb crisp that I had planned to leave for Doug. With a couple of tablespoons of cream my total calorie count for today is still only 1,076 calories and less than 30g net carbohydrates.
I'll probably allow myself to enjoy a mug of decaf later this evening. Especially since when I got weighed this morning I was somehow down 2 pounds from a couple of days ago - in spite of yesterday's beer etc. Go fig.

No comments: