Sunday, June 24, 2007

Garden party?

Up early and had a big mug of coffee before heading out to do groceries.After groceries and before scooter meet-up I made an omelet for us both. White and portabello mushrooms, a little sour cream and a tiny bit of shredded cheese left over from last night. Two eggs each.
Large two-shot americano at the Black Stilt. Yes, the purse is actually very small.
Since the weather forecast hadn't been too good for scooting and since I'd been talking about it for weeks, I got Rob (with car) to help me carry home a couple of half barrels from the garden centre for the shrubs on my deck. They are actual, previously used for wine, wine barrels. The car smelled a little like the bus bin in a bar at closing. We drove home with the windows down all the way. After lugging two 1/2 barrels a dozen little plants and 3, 40l bags of soil upstairs and down the long hall we sat down and had a well-deserved beer.
Then after planting a little herb garden in a window box for Kama, Rob's financee, and transplanting my hydrangea Betty, we had another.
Dinner was roast chicken (150g), broccoli with a pat of butter and a side salad.
I made a tiny amount of gravy in case the chicken was dry but I think I was the only one to have some - here's half-eaten dinner with gravy - maybe 20ml total.
I made some dessert - rhubarb crisp. We ate it hot out of the oven with a little coffee cream. I input it into fitday and it came up with 278 calories and 53 carbohydrates for this serving had it been made with sugar. I used splenda to sweeten both the rhubarb and the crisp topping but did use a little whole wheat flour and rolled oats along with almond flour for the topping. The calories are probably pretty close but not the carb count.
Then we had coffee because it was good.
Totals including beers and crisp 1,506 calories and 103 carbohydrates (although given the artificial sweetener in dessert it's probably more like 60-65 carbohydrates for the day and much of that from the beer - ouch!).

No comments: