Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A quiet evening at home alone

Well, okay Doug was here but it was just the two of us.

This morning started with coffee.I hadn't made a lunch the night before - very unusual and I discovered this evening that while multi-tasking this morning I had forgotten to take a picture of my two sausage patty, two egg breakfast. It looked just like this one from a couple of days ago though...

My usual thermos of coffee for break time.Lunch was the Gold Seal brand smoked tuna slices with ginger, a bit of left-over slightly sad looking avocado (80g) and the usual radish, celery and jicama selection of fresh veggies.

Dinner was last night's roast pork heated up with a little of the "gravy" (juices and the cooked garlic blitzed with the hand blender and a dash of xanthan gum for thickening), broccoli and a side salad with lots of mushrooms as we were out of tomato.
For some reason (maybe all the sweet fruit I've had the last two days) I really wanted a bite of sweetness after dinner. I had one dark chocolate covered piece of candied ginger. Yes, sugar but one piece only and the flavour is so intense it easily satisfies that craving.
Much later a 1/2 cup of the stewed rhubarb made with splenda. Yummy and hardly any calories.
Even counting 100 calories and 10g of carbohydrates for my little chockie today's total is only 1,366 calories and 40g of carbohydrates. Pretty good.

No comments: