Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Okay, so we can't have company every night...

Pretty much as soon as Rob and Kama left last night Brian and Kathleen called about the new Doctor Who episode they had just watched. Turns out they'll both be away for the second episode so we invited them over (tonight was the easiest night all week) to watch The Shakespeare Code as well as the Weakest Link special.

This Morning:
I woke up too early and dozed until my alarm went off. Had to go in early today for a meeting so I was really tired and groggy. Made bacon and eggs and coffee for breakfast.Since I had a longer than normal morning I was quite hungry by the time for coffee break. I had the rhubarb that I had brought along as a desserty treat with my coffee.
Lunch was about 40g each of roast beef and turkey breast. God bless the Red Barn who actually roasts wholesome cuts and slices them as an alternative to processed "deli" meat. Also had 60g of cheeses and the usual assortment of crunchy raw veg.
Finished off the thermos of coffee.
Dinner was pork shoulder done in the slow-cooker with lots of garlic. Also 1/2 cup of broccoli and a side salad.
Right, so here's where the trouble started. I think my being tired and just sitting and watching TV with company instead of having a conversation led me to eat more than I needed (or even really wanted) to. I had a little bit more than I had last night of the fruit and cheese - not much mind you but I did have 4 of the rice crackers that I only had one of last night. Furthermore...
I had another glass of wine. Big glass but not lots of wine.
And because I knew both Brian and Kathleen (but especially Brian) loved them so much I dug out of the freezer a little bag of sugar-free chocolate covered almonds that had been in there for months (months I tell you). I had eight.
I tried to be as honest as possible on fitday and came up with the not to happy total of 1,886 calories and something in the neighbourhood of 50g of carbohydrates. Not good.

No comments: