Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday but not the end of my week.

Slept in this morning. Good, because I really needed it. Bad, because it didn't leave me enough time to go exercise before work.
Coffee.

Since I was making brunch I tried my omelet with asparagus and emmental again. This time it came out much tidier.


It was really hot and muggy in our workroom. For my break I went over to that coffee place and got an Iced Americano (basically espresso over ice - I added a little cream and splenda). It was really yummy and had few calories and carbs compared to all those whipped drinks they make.

Lunch was the easy tin of smoked tuna slices with ginger, a whack of celery, radishes and jicama. That huge pile of veg had less than 60 calories and only 6 net g. of carbohydrates. Also my favorite cherry jell-o.
I was actually getting hungry again at break time so had the 35g of old cheddar left over from my early break.


Usually a problem - I get home from work at 9pm and my stomach and head both expect a meal. Today with so few calories earlier in the day I pretty much had carte blanche to snack on whatever I wanted. I started with 20g of pork rinds and some diet ginger-ale then made myself a flax bun. This is a recipe I'll have to talk more about soon, but not tonight, it's late and I have to get up for work in the morning.

Totals for today 1,358 calories and only 23g of carbohydrates although some of the soluble fibre in the flax should count - that's for another post.

No comments: