Monday, May 28, 2007

Lazy Monday

In spite of the fact that it was my day off I woke up at 6:45 and wasn't able to get back to sleep. Bleh. After 40 minutes of tossing and turning I got up and made coffee.Eventually got around to making some breakfast, tried to make an omelet with asparagus and gruyere (my new favorite flavour combination) but we had a little accident when I tried to flip it. Still tasted good, just not very pretty.
By the time my omelet was ready I needed more coffee.
I mooched around at lunchtime and couldn't settle on any protein - getting a little tired of fish in a tin so I finished off the yogourt (.75 cup) and a couple of big spoons of my splenda-sweetened rhubarb.
Still wanting protein and also now craving salty so I went with 55g of Cervelat salami. We've worked on planning dinner but I also have to keep up with planning lunches so I don't get stuck like this.
Since I'm having a lazy day at home I'm having to deal with munchies and just generally wanting to graze, pick, nosh... Looked at the mixed nuts (my nemesis) poked around the freezer and found a big bag of unsweetened flaked coconut. I carefully measured out 10g (10g!) and nibbled it a flake at a time.
Dinner was yesterday's leftover hamburger pie, a little sauted bok choi and our usual side salad.
I thought about a little cheese, maybe a little fruit but no, the call of the diet fudge pop was too strong. Oh well, they're all gone now and unless I see them on sale again I'm not going out of my way to buy more.
1,592 calories today. Sure it's low enough that I'll still loose weight but I'd really like to stay closer to 1,500 maybe even a little under some days. I'm setting a goal of four days out of the next seven I will keep under 1,500 calories. Reward? I'll have to think about it.

No comments: