Saturday, May 12, 2007

fish again?

Last night after I finished my blogging and shut down the computer I made my lunch for the next day as usual. There was a tiny bit of jell-o left in the bowl after I filled my little container so I took a picture of it so I could just finish it off. This morning, like most mornings, coffee, bacon and eggs.
Feeling a little tired what with working on a Saturday and all. Bought a coffee and had a morsel (about 1/4) of an Atkins bar.
Lunch was salmon salad since for some reason I didn't want any more tuna. I really must do more meal planning so that I can have a better variety during the week. Also featured were radishes, a little jicama and a couple of cauliflower florets.
I got a few groceries during my lunch hour. I was hoping for a small bottle/can of diet gingerale but couldn't find any, I did see a diet Dr. Pepper while waiting in line. I've been pretty thirsty lately - drank a large cup of water at breakfast and finished my litre of water before I started on the pop. I guess since the weather is getting warmer I need more liquid. Either that or it has something to do with all the fish I'm eating. Had the pop with 25g of cheddar cheese and 5 pepperoni tidbitz.
With no plans for dinner, I dug around in the freezer and figured the fastest thing to defrost would be seafood. Featured are 200g basa, 100g scallops, 80g shrimp, also some mushrooms and shirataki noodles (like konnayku only noodle shaped). At the top centre of the photo is a small bowl with a bit of celeriac. This ingredient spent the evening in the microwave and didn't make it into the mix.
I made a little white sauce with some cream, olive oil and xanthan gum to thicken it. A little garlic for flavour and we were very happy with the result. We made sure to have a good salad since dinner was so very white.
In spite of being spot on with carbs and calories I ended up having a pot of tea and the rest of the Atkins bar from earlier today. I'd like to say that tomorrow I'll have fewer calories but it's mother's day and I promised my mom a good meal. Monday then. My goal will be 1,500 calories or less four of the next seven days.
Total calories today 1,871, double yikes!

No comments: