Tuesday, May 8, 2007

fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads

The day started innocently enough with some flax cereal and a cup of coffee.
A week ago last Sunday, Barry brought a bag of these little Piller's pepperoni tidbitz which are flavourful and very chewy - and therefore a satisifying snack. More fat and calories than a hard-boiled egg, but less than an ounce of mixed nuts. Go fig. And coffee.
Okay, here's where the fishyness begins. Last night in order to expedite the eating of a very ripe avocado I prepared tuna salad for my lunch today. Can you find what's missing from this picture? That's right! The avocado spent the day on the kitchen counter.
In the late afternoon I finished up my little thermos of coffee and had half a coconut Atkins bar. It was actually a little heavy, I had a touch of heart-burn afterward.
Got home and Doug had taken two big fillets of basa out of the freezer for dinner. We also had some green beans and a side salad. We've been paying a little more to get packaged Herb Salad. I really love the hit of dill and cilantro. Once the garden gets going I should be able to make my own.
As is frequently the case when we have fish for dinner I was noticeably hungry in only a few hours. Looking in the fridge I saw some lox trim that had lasted (ie not been scarfed down immediately) a surprisingly long time. I had about 50g of lox, 50g of cream cheese and four celery sticks which I assembled and ate over a period of 15-20 minutes. I still don't feel particularly full, but am satisfied. It didn't occur to me until I was weighing the lox that today had been awfully fish-heavy. Oh well.

1,643 calories and under 30g net carbs. Not too shabby.

No comments: