Friday, May 11, 2007

yummy new recipe

Working on a Friday, this is strange. Coffee, bacon and two eggs.Eep, someone left me in charge at work. I'm not fond of it at the best of times, but even less when it's a surprise. Guzzled my coffee and gnawed on some spicy salami Piller's Tidbitz for my break.
Lunchtime and oh, what a surprise, Tuna! Today at least I had the Gold Seal sliced tuna with ginger and 80g each of radish, jicama and cauliflower. I also had the less than appetizing other half of the avocado from the day before yesterday and sugar-free raspberry jell-o.
For dinner we tried a recipe from the book 150 Things to make with Roast Chicken. Chicken Florentine. Without repeating the whole recipe it involved: 10 oz leftover chicken, spinach, diced tomatoes, mozzarella, parmesan and a bit of garlic and oil. Threw it together in the skillet, 10 minutes in the oven and voila! Dinner.
I was suitable apalled when after entering all the ingredients into fitday, half of the recipe came out at 676 calories and 14 net grams of carbohydrates (damn tomatoes). I gave Doug a slightly larger serving with many more tomatoes. Luckily it was pretty late by the time we had dinner so I didn't need a snack this evening.
Total for the day 1,722 (yikes) calories and 30g net carbs.

No comments: