Saturday, April 28, 2007

still not great


Still feeling sickly but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Slept in, had coffee.
Thought about making scrambled eggs but just grabbed a heel of salami and some left-over jicama sticks for breakfast.

Decided more was necessary, bowl of yogourt. Continued the Ginger-ale therapy from yesterday. It's just what I want when I feel under the weather. Or when faced with neat rye whiskey.


Late afternoon, I grilled the other chicken breast that I took out of the freezer yesterday and put it on top of the rest of our lettuce with a generous helping of bottled Caesar dressing and some grated parm. Was actually really good. Felt good enough to go to the store and pick up some lozenges and among other things diet butterscotch pudding. Not my favorite flavour but it has fewer carbs than chocolate or vanilla. Made it up with 1 part coffee cream to 1 part water to keep the carbs down. It was really nice and I had to resist eating the entire thing all at once.


Shopper's didn't have my favorite throat drops so I got these ones as they were the only sugar-free variety I could find.



Around dinner time I was thinking more soup - used up a few dried shitaki mushrooms I found in the back of the pantry and a package of shiritaki noodles (konnayku only as noodles) they have practically no nutrient value at all, virtually all fibre.


More pudding. Don't worry I gave the rest to Doug so I wouldn't have any more.


Another lozenge, and around 9pm upon finding my fitday calculation at less than 1,100 calories had a tin of sardines just because I could. And more gingerale.

No comments: