Friday, April 27, 2007

Sick, sick, sickey sick sick



I woke up around 5am with the feeling that I had been gargling broken glass. I got up and took two aspirin and made myself a cup of herbal tea. My stomach was so growly I ate a hard-boiled egg. After a couple of hours I left instruction for Doug to buy s-f gingerale before he left for work, then went back to bed.



The stove clock (illuminated by the flash I can now tell it needs cleaning badly) says 1:45. I was finally up again and having my "morning" coffee. A little while later I started in on the gingerale and had a bowl of cottage cheese. Then half an Atkins bar. Throat not so bad but have that woozy in the head and all-over malaise of my body desperately fighting some bug.

Around 4pm Doug called and asked if I wanted him to come straight home. Rats. I had completely forgotten the after-work gathering at Bart's. While I did want him to come home and say poor baby and possibly bring groceries, I knew I could manage on my own and he hardly ever gets to socialize so...
I found a big container of chicken stock in the freezer and a chicken breast. While they were thawing I ate some sardines since I was suddenly craving something that wasn't sweet. Poached the chicken breast in the stock and added about 12 pieces of Dreamfield's pasta. The only suitable veg in the house was a few snow peas so in they go. Voila, homemade chicken soup.



Had a bowl of yogourt for dessert. And more gingerale.



Doug's finally home and asking if he can get me anything. Lots more gingerale, the other 1/2 of the Atkins bar and the last of the strong cheddar. In spite of grazing most of the day fitday only counts 1,229 calories. Go fig. Off to bed. Hope I'm feeling better tomorrow.

No comments: