Monday, April 23, 2007

Slow-cooker ribs

Really groggy this morning. Had physio before work today. Don't know how good an idea this is.
Flax cereal and coffee. One large hard-boiled egg for protein since I'll be working out and it's longer than usual to lunch.





Since I was late getting to work I sipped coffee and nibbled on some of the nuts while I continued to work.


Lunch was chicken salad (140g chicken breast, 20ml mayo and a few capers), two mushrooms, three radishes and five celery sticks. Also sugar-free jell-o for dessert.




A couple of hours later I had the rest of my coffee with 30g of cheddar cheese and the last couple of almonds from this morning. I had brought about 30g of almonds total.



For dinner we had Country-Style Pork Ribs from a recipe I pulled from the Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes book. The recipe claims that it makes 6 servings with a total of 9 carbs each. I split the 1.2kg of ribs and the sauce into just four portions otherwise we'd only have two, 10cm ribs each. Since most of the carbs are in the sauce I gave Doug the lion's share. I also had some broccoli and the usual side salad. Keep in mind when looking at the picture, the plates are about 22cm in diameter, a little smaller than most dinner plates.

No comments: