Saturday, April 14, 2007

day five

Feeling better this morning. Up at a reasonable hour. Made a full pot of coffee (two big mugs worth). Doug cooked up some sausage so I made us 2 scrambled eggs each. It's nice having a meal together even if it's a quick breakfast.



Back from some shopping. Bought new jeans. Took two sizes into the dressing and the smaller size fit best. Yeah! The rest of the coffee was still in the pot and since I was warm from running around I made iced coffee to have while I thought about lunch.


Still have lots of ingredients from last night's stir-fry so made myself a bowl with about 90g of the beef, a cup of bean sprouts, 6 snow peas, two mushrooms, 35g of sliced jicama, a handful of spinach and a stalk of celery. Jicama lends itself very nicely to stir-fry. It stays crisp but absorbs the flavours very well. Was like a cross between water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.


Picked up some pop when I went looking for the snow peas so had a cup. After eating and adding up today's calories I decided it was time for a treat so had 10 nsa chocolate covered almonds.

No comments: