Thursday, September 13, 2007

strike action and an extra long day at work

Started today with coffee and a double scoop of Whey Gourmet chocolate protein shake.Had a pretty good workout at the gym and came home just in time to make a dinner to take with me to work and eat a quick lunch. Lunch was a little lox, a chunk of cream cheese, radishes, jicama, celery and a couple of mushrooms.
An hour after I started my shift we walked out for three hours. I had a hard-boiled egg.
And a coffee.
I had made a wrap for my dinner. Turkey and corned beef, a little red onion, cucumber and some lettuce on a high-fibre wrap. There I am on a bench, eating outside the library.


By 7pm I was tired and my knee was throbbing. I had my yogourt and a 30g chunk of swiss cheese.

When I got home I was still fairly hungry - looked a the sardines but decided on the kipper snack.
Feeling pretty sorry for myself - having lost 3 hours of pay while having to stand in place in front of my work... I chose one serving, four tiny sugar-free cookies. While not actually low-carb since they're still made with wheat flour a serving only has 100 calories and pretty much filled the bill for something nummy.
Totals today, 1,443 calories and 50g of carbohydrates.

No comments: