Saturday, July 7, 2007

Coffee, coffee, ice cream! and coffee.

Today was possibly the least low-carb day since my trip to Salt Spring Island last month. I had a rough night and woke late and groggy. Had some yogourt and rhubarb and didn't even want to wait for coffee but stopped by that place on the way to work instead.Had a grande americano.
Still groggy and confused at morning break so went to the Village Patisserie and Deli for another coffee.
For lunch had about 50g of rosemary ham, 35g of blue cheese and the usual assortment of veg.
By afternoon break I was stressed, tired and wanted a little sumptin-sumptin, so I hauled out a snack I had been saving for quite awhile, a 50g bag of mixed nuts and sugar-free chocolate chips. I ate it all while working. Not responsible eating that.
For dinner I had a high fibre wrap with a little more of the rosemary ham, some deli chicken breast, tomato slices, cuke, lettuce, cheese(20g) and a smear of mayo.
Then Doug and I, accompanied by Rob headed out to the early show of "Live Free or Die Hard". It blowed up real good! I had a diet coke during the show but didn't take a picture since I was in a theatre.
Afterward I decided for some reason that I really wanted ice cream. I was actually quite hungry at this point and thought I had enough calories to have a little blowout. Doug and I ordered the Caramel Waffle Crisp Blizzard (small) and Rob had a Peanut Buster Parfait. We didn't keep exact count but I think I had six spoonfuls of the blizzard...
And one of Rob's parfait since that used to be my favorite back in the days when I ate this kind of this regularly.
When we got home I had a big drink of water and put out some almonds to snack on. I had 19g worth.
Then I made coffee for Rob and I
and grabbed another 2 almonds from the bowl (almost without thinking - argh!).
Although I had a huge 66g of carbohydrates today I did manage to keep the calories down to approximately 1,450 (given what I estimated in fitday - 1/3 cup of a DQ chocolate sundae).

No comments: