Friday, May 4, 2007

still barely able to speak

Woke up coughing during the night. Took some cough syrup (sorry no photo, it was 4:30am) and sat on the couch for awhile before heading back to bed. Up around 10:30 and coffee.
Didn't feel very hungry but had to go work out at the physiotherapy place so I had to have some nourishment. Made a green onion omelet (2 large eggs) with three of the short strips of bacon.

Around 4pm realized I would be famished by the time Doug got home for supper at 6:30 so I had 50g of mixed nuts that I had packaged for yesterdays snack (but substituted a hard-boiled egg) and a cup of the fresh Cadborosaurus Blend coffee that I just got at Pepper's. Also water.

I was wrong. When Doug got home roast chicken was ready but I wasn't. About an hour and a half after he had finished I decided I needed veg so made a giant salad with lettuce, 3 large mushrooms, a couple of inches of cucumber and a chunk (60g?) of jicama. One of the breasts off the chicken (no skin) and a couple of tablespoons of mayo doctored with some curry powder.
It was huge. It was almost too much trouble to eat. I actually put it aside a couple of times before giving up and handing the last 20% or so over to Doug to polish off.
Doug has nicer hands but still bites his nails.
Still unable to talk in anything other than a husky whisper and feeling very sorry for myself I decided since I'd barely had 1,200 calories and less than 30g net carbs I would treat us both to another box of butterscotch pudding. It was good but after the 1/2 cup serving I didn't immediately want more. Since I doubt that I have suddenly gained control over my cravings I suggest that this is an indication that I really do feel rotten. Also green tea.


No comments: