Thursday, May 3, 2007

feeling better, but...

My voice was almost completely gone all day long. I managed at work but had to whisper, squeak and rasp my way through the entire day.
For breakfast I had coffee and a peanut butter and jam sandwich made from the same ingredients as last night. Although it has more carbs than my usual breakfasts it had a lot less calories.
I took a hard-boiled egg for break in case I was really hungry with my lower-protein breakfast. I wasn't, but since I didn't get a coffee break until 12:15 I was ready for it.
Monica made a big pot of strong tea this morning. I drank lots hoping it would help my throat. It didn't.
Before I headed to the lunchroom I went for a walk and picked up some of my preferred throat drops. They didn't make any difference either. Then I picked up a coffee and sat outside with Barbara for a few minutes before I realized I should be photographing the coffee and headed back to work. I actually wrote my coffee order on a piece of paper in case the shop was noisy, luckily I didn't have to use it.
Lunch was salami, cheddar, celery, jicama and surprise! 3 cherry tomatoes since we were out of radishes. Radical. Also some kimchi but I couldn't finish it.

Part of my lunch plan had included a chunk of brie but I saved it for my afternoon break.
Doug had dinner prepared. Pork chop with a couple of tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce, green beans and the usual side salad. My new buddy came in the mail today. My bestest long-distance friend Jen sent me a long letter and my newest stuffed hamster toy. I think he's eying the beans.

Still convinced that enough hot liquid would fix my voice I made a cup of de-caf and had a spoonful (about 25ml) of peanut butter for a snack. I enjoyed it while we watched a peculiar little Canadian movie called "Sidekick" about a comic book geek who finds out a guy he knows has superpowers. We both enjoyed it quite a bit.

While I'm still under 1,500 calories for the day I'm 50% over the amount of carbs I would normally aim for. Things should get back to normal now that I'm feeling better and plan to do a big shopping run for good food tomorrow.

No comments: