Tuesday, May 1, 2007

five or three weeks depending

Five weeks ago I started using fitday consistently for the first time in many, many months. Three weeks ago I started taking pictures of everything I was about to eat and post them in this blog.

Five days ago I came down with a respiratory infection that's worn me down to the point where I really want to eat something comforting and easy to make. Peanut butter and jam sandwiches comes to mind. All my life when I want to feel better I eat something and while I managed the first few days it's getting very hard.

Since there was only one egg in the house I made a flax bun for my breakfast. And coffee.


I went to work today and managed even though I felt tired and not too clever. Drank a lot of herbal tea (ick) and got minor relief from three of the Ricola lozenges.
Upon arrival at work I immediately made a big pot of herbal tea. I had four of my little cups full during the day.


Because I was too tired to make a proper lunch I had 50g salami, 70g of cheeses, celery, radishes and jicama. Ate a third of my Atkins bar for dessert.


Even though I wasn't very hungry by 3:30 I was very tired and feeling sorry for myself. Heated up another cup of tea and nibbled away the rest of the Atkins bar.


Had to wait until almost 7pm for Doug to get home. Eventually he got dinner together (thanks hon!). We had grilled salmon fillets, broccoli and a salad.


Couldn't get warm resting after work so had some tea with dinner.

No comments: