Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our 14th wedding anniversary.

My posting has been a little irregular (when you consider you used to be able to set a clock by me) partly because I've been feeling ill on and off for several weeks now and it's wearing me down, and also because I haven't been proud of my food choices and calorie counts. I had made a short term goal/reward of staying below 1,500 calories/day leading up to a big meal out for our anniversary but wasn't able to make it. Disappointing given how well I've done in the past but on the other hand, I have to admit (or be forced to admit) not earth-shattering seeing how well I've done in the past. Monica's right, I have to stop beating myself up. With that out of the way - we return you to Everything I Eat.

Woke up early, partly because I went to bed early last night. Made coffee but still had the headache behind my eyes that's been plaguing me since last Friday evening.Didn't make breakfast and stopped at the patisserie for more coffee and a "Super Flax" muffin. Full of calories to be sure but also tons of fibre.
Couldn't cope at work, more the emotional reaction to persistent illness rather than the illness itself, and came home at lunch time. When the giant flax muffin finally wore out I rummaged and found the unsweetened flaked coconut which for some reason appealed.
Doug- my wonderful husband of 14 years picked up my favorite dish from my favorite Chinese restaurant in honour of our anniversary. Also because Splendid Chinese is closing after 13 years - wah! We had BBQ pork chop suey and I had spicy ginger beef - which is not a diet or healthy food by any stretch of the imagination. To make it worse I had seconds. It's not like I was going to throw out any leftovers!

Didn't keep fitday but have already started inputting my food for Wednesday.

No comments: