Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Woke up before the alarm and lay in bed awhile. I'm only working half a day today so I can take it easy getting going. Coffee.One scoop of Whey Gourmet protein - chocolate.
Did several sets of abdominal and leg exercises since I'm really not in any shape to go to the gym. Minor progress at least. Sardines in mustard sauce, 100g of strawberries and 1/2 cup yogourt.
For some reason I found even half a day of work pretty stressful - must be the impending strike. Had a snack of raw cauliflower, celery, jicama and radishes.
Doug made us lovely big Chef Salads for dinner. Lettuce, tomato, cucumber 20g each of roast beef, ham and chicken, one medium hard-boiled egg and 32g of shredded cheese. 2 tablespoons of creamy dressing on top.
These have actually been in the freezer since the weekend and I can't believe I haven't wanted one before now. Smaller serving size than the last ones we bought - only 40 calories each.
Being barely over 1,000 calories after dinner I enjoyed having a pot of tea and not quite 2 servings (48g) of Flaxmachine cookie for a snack. I'm convinced that these are good food, sweetened with splenda, dark rye flour and flax seeds but they are very calorie dense so can't have them often.

Total for today 1,271 calories and 57g of carbohydrates (less if you don't count polyalcohols). Feels good to be in control again.

No comments: