Thursday, September 20, 2007

One step at a time

Today I didn't go to the gym or even work. My sinus headache is still around, sometimes my ear or throat hurts too but not all the time. I really, really don't want to take antibiotics for this since I'm convinced that's what caused this recurring condition to flare up in the first place.
If you're thinking "hey, that's the same picture as yesterday's coffee" well you're right. I didn't remember to take a picture this morning. I did however have a mug of coffee identical to this one.For a brunch type meal I used the tiny bit of left-over bbq pork chop-suey from Tuesday night's dinner (about 1/2 cup), chopped as the base for an 2 egg omelet/fritatta thingy. It was surprisingly delicious.

About mid-afternoon I had some veg. that I had previously bagged for work but never eaten.

And a single 15g serving of pork rinds, hot and spicy flavour. This is significant because much like potato chips it's really, really hard to stop at one serving. Today I did.
Doug picked up two kinds of dinner sausage at the butcher's on his way home from work. The turkey sausage with feta and sundried tomato is my favorite but they frequently have trouble with keeping the meat in the casing - that's it on the far right of the picture. Also on my plate is half of one of their huge beef sausages (English bangers) just the half weighed in at 50g! Also lots of broccoli and our usual salad.
Having re-discovered them in the freezer I was ready for another sugar-free, fat-free fudge pop.
A few hours later I had a pot of tea and half of one of the Flaxmachine cookies (one cookie is actually three servings so I always weigh them).
Total calories today 1,453 and 53g of carbohydrates.

No comments: