Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lunch out with Mom at Bon Sushi

I should have known from the start today was going to be unusual when I decided to have yogourt and strawberries for breakfast (125ml yog & 40g berries). I also had a hard-boiled egg for extra protein and my usual big mug of coffee.Less protein for breakfast made quite a difference. By 11:15 I was quite hungry and wolfed down some of my celery, a radish and my bit of cheese as well a most of my thermos of coffee.
To make matters worse we had cookies in the workroom. I had black tea, that's my little cup on the right. I didn't have any cookies. Had they been homemade I would have had more trouble resisting.
Met Mom at the new Sushi restaurant just around the corner from work. While I had planned to have miso soup then go back to work for my tuna salad etc. I ended up ordering two pieces of maguro nigiri. The tuna was okay but there was no wasabi on the rice. I had considered just eating the fish off the top like sashimi but the lumps of rice were pretty small so I decided to eat the whole thing and skip the lunch waiting for me in the fridge at work. It was a nice treat but not the best sushi. That's actually a good thing as I won't be too tempted to go back there.
On the other hand the miso soup was as good as any I've had and I also orderd the only other non-carby thing on the menu, seaweed salad. While I'm sure there was a little sugar in the dressing it was such a small portion I wasn't particularly worried.
After bringing the bill we were presented with two small slices of watermelon. I had one small bite from the sweet centre. I'm guessing 10 grams worth.
Returning to work with fish and seaweed breath I popped two Dentyne ice mints before going on desk.
My skimpy lunch was apparent by 3:30 by which time I was having serious tummy rumbles. I had a turkey pepperoni stick and the rest of the veg I had brought to go with my tuna salad.
Still very hungry by the time I got home. Immediately put some cauliflower on to saute and warmed up 140g of the left-over pot roast as well as four of the little carrots.
Having eating earlier than usual I needed a bit more. While my carbs are way over today (58g) my calories are still quite low. I portioned out a couple of bits of cheese (60g) total and another 40g of strawberries for a total of 1,420 calories today.

No comments: