Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I think I over did it yesterday.

While I felt tiredly righteous after my workout yesterday I now realize I pushed myself too hard. My biceps are sore and my lower back a little twingey.
Coffee and flax bun made with a few chopped walnuts, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and a packet of splenda.
Morning break, not particularly hungry so just coffee.
Throat's still not all better. Had a Herbon lozenge.

Lunch is 100g of chicken with a tablespoon of mayo a few capers and some sweet La Chinata smoked paprika. Today I tried a slightly smaller portion size on the chicken salad with no ill effects. Also you will see the familiar celery, radish, jicama combo and jell-o.
Afternoon break finished the coffee and had a slice of cheddar (34g) and two butterscotch sugar-free candies.
Dinner was slow-cooker pot roast. I threw in some celery root, mushrooms and carrots and some of the Cabernet left from Sunday dinner. After removing the veg I used a hand blender and a little xanthan gum to make a bit of gravy from the liquid left in the pot. I had 120g of the beef 30g of mushrooms and some of the celery root which I didn't half finish because it was too woody. Also the regular side salad.
While I was waiting for dinner I decided to include a portion of fruit and cheese as dessert even though I didn't eat it until almost two hours afterwards. Canteloupe 50g, strawberries 30g and camembert 30g. Waiting that long also gives the cheese time to warm up a bit, yum.

While watching TV I found myself wanting to grind my teeth so I had a couple more of the sugar-free candies. This time maple flavour.Calories for the day 1,612 and only 28g net carbs.

No comments: