Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How did that happen?

Today began much the same as any other day. Bacon and eggs, coffee.
For my coffee break, besides coffee I had 35g of mixed nuts. Did you know that there are 216 calories in 35g of mixed nuts. That's a lot of calories for my break but it sure doesn't seem like much of a snack.

I was talking to Tom when I started eating and forgot to take my picture until I had already had a couple of bites. Lunch was tuna salad, three slices (about a third) of an avocado and my baggie of celery, jicama and radish. We continued chatting and I completely forgot to take a picture of the jell-o that was hidden in the navy lunch bag when I took this one.
Afternoon break I finished my coffee and had a bite of cheese.
Doug was home today and had a roast chicken ready shortly after I got home. We didn't make a side veg but did have an extra big salad to make up for it. There's also a glass of sugar-free ginger-ale there.
For dessert/snack a couple of hours later I had three big strawberries (120g) and a slice of the Bresse Bleu cheese (33g).
Even though it really didn't seem like a lot of food, either while eating it or looking at all these pictures my total calories for the day was 1,905 which is rather high. I need to find a lower calorie snack than the mixed nuts.

No comments: