Monday, May 21, 2007

Happy Victoria Day from Victoria!

Good morning. It might be a holiday but there is no holiday for coffee.
Dithered around for awhile this morning trying to decide how to use our day off. I decided to make pancakes for brunch. My recipe includes: ground flax seed, whey protein concentrate, vital wheat gluten, eggs, coconut oil, plain yogourt, splenda, cinnamon and baking powder. I had mine with bacon, Doug had sausages. We used a mix of maple flavoured maltitol syrup and Torani caramel flavoured syrup on top. Also more coffee.
We shopped for awhile before heading to the cinema. The movie started a little later than we had expected and Doug was worried that he'd be famished before it let out. We walked up the street to a market and scoured the deli for something we could eat in the theatre that wasn't a dietary disaster. I chose the Butter Chicken Wrap partly because the calorie count on the "Nutrition Facts" panel seemed really low. After examining it a little more closely I realized the info label said 110 calories for a 50g serving. It also tried to tell me that there was 1 serving per container even though under the ingredients list it clearly says Net Wt. 300g (10.6 oz). What gives? One medium sized wrap is 6 servings? Since when? I ate about 2/3 of it. It was yummy, but duh.
I washed down the wrap with a yummy pink soda.
When we finally got home Doug was good enough to make me some dinner. We had cheeseburgers (132g organic lean ground beef, 26g orange inorganic cheese) and salad.
For dessert/ snack I had the last of the camembert and melon (they go so well together) 22g cheese and 56g canteloupe.
Total calories today 1,476.

No comments: