Friday, May 25, 2007

Day off today

This is really getting rather tedious. Bacon, eggs, coffee.Went for an appointment at a new podiatrist about the continuing pain in my foot. Can't be cured, can only be managed but new orthotics and new shoes every six months will help.
Came home and grazed for lunch. Started with 3 tablespoons (45g) of Spreadable philly cream cheese with smoked salmon and a big handful of celery.
Snooping around for protein that didn't need cooking I found sardines in mustard sauce.
And a tiny bit of old cheddar to finish it off.
Went to physio/exercise and managed to do all the exercises, including all the recent progressions by taking it very slowly. My left knee is still causing trouble. I really must stretch more. Came home and had some ginger-ale and 3 pieces of Piller's pepperoni tidbitz to keep me going until dinner.
Fresh snapper fillets and asparagus on sale at the supermarket so that was dinner tonight. Also a grilled portabello mushroom that I picked up a couple of days ago and needed eating. 200g of fish (they were big fillets) 62g of asparagus and the mushroom was 55g. Normal side salad.
I was coming past some treats in the supermarket thinking "I want a treat" and had decided I would have to do something with cocoa powder when I got home when I turned the corner and low and behold these leapt out of the cooler and into my basket. Just what I needed. No extra sugar and only 70 calories. Doug and I each had one after dinner and they were really, really good.
Several hours later we were both quite hungry so we had a little fruit and cheese. I ate those pieces on the right side of the photo.
Total for today 1,521!

No comments: