Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Blech

Had a rough night last night. I remember waking up, having to go to the bathroom and not being able to open my eyes. I felt my way along the walls and managed the whole procedure while still mostly asleep. I still felt tired this morning but even worse I was achy all over. Feet, knees, back even my fingers felt sore and stiff. Hormones? Barometric pressure? Took lots of ibuprofen but not much help.Usual breakfast, bacon, eggs, coffee.
Went to physio/exercise but was very tired and weak. I did a large portion of my program but couldn't finish. Scott wasn't there because I went before noon so I had no one to push me. I didn't even stretch out before I left. Poopie. I bought myself some flowers to try and cheer myself up. When I came home I wanted some lunch but was too tired to make anything. I had 40g of pork rinds and some sugar-free ginger-ale.
About an hour later I managed to throw together a soup. I sauted a bit of onion, ginger and garlic, added about 2 cups of chicken broth that was sitting in the fridge for awhile now and a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter. It was okay but not as good as my old recipe for groundnut soup I used to make back when I was a vegetarian.
For my break at work I bought a coffee and had half of my emergency Atkins bar from my purse. While buying my coffee I looked at all the yummy treats in the bakery and very nearly bought a "wheat-free apricot bar" but figured that way lay madness or at least much over-eating.
For supper we hadn't planned anything (bad Scotts) so we had a chef salad. We didn't measure the veg only the 56g of chicken, 26g of roast beef, 23g of cheese and two tablespoons (30ml) of creamy dressing.
1,552 calories for the day.

No comments: