Monday, August 20, 2007

(Sunday) Well, that didn't last long...

and by that I mean 1) staying truly low-carb and 2) posting in a timely manner. In my defense - I'm on vacation - still at home but unscheduled for the time being.

Coffee.

Two egg omelet with 1/2 a zucchini and a 1/4 cup of green onion.
Coffee at the Black Stilt.
One square inch of a Belgian Brownie (with hazelnuts) at Black Stilt.
Ran around and did some shopping for among other things, low-fat, nsa frozen treats. Mom recommended this one last week. It's very good and creamy but the serving size is a little big for a treat. I prefer the smaller bars from Breyer's or the popsicle company. Still under 100 calories for a big bar is pretty good.
Having had my treat I realized I should have had some protein first - 100g of left-over chicken breast.
and then 52g of mixed nuts and nsa chocolate chips.
Proper dinner. One chicken thigh with herbs and a spoonful of cream-based sauce with a little edam cheese and a splash of white wine. A healthy side salad.
Two more of the tiny freezie pops.
There was really no reason for me to have four items that I consider treats today. Going out should not always require a special treat (brownie), some of what I put out for company (nuts and choc.) trying something new outside of a meal setting (fudge bar) and a small sweet after dinner (freezies). One would be fine. Two is okay for an out of the ordinary day. I really must try harder to be mindful and make better choices and not to be distracted.

Totals for Sunday: 1,482 calories and 78g of carbohydrates. The amazing part is that I got to the end of the day without using fitday, counting on my photos to remind me when filling it in later and the calories are still reasonable. I guess I'm getting used to knowing how much I'm taking in which is definitely an important skill!



No comments: